Clearwater DUI Attorney

clearwater dui attorney 300x199 Clearwater DUI AttorneyThere aren’t many things quite as unsettling as hearing the siren of a police car, looking in your rearview mirror, and seeing those lights swirling. Even more so when you’ve been drinking.

Getting charged with a DUI is a nerve racking experience. It is critical that you understand the steps you need to take after your arrest. Speaking with a Clearwater DUI attorney can be beneficial to plan your course of action. I offer free consultations to discuss your case and provide a wealth of information regarding DUI’s on my blog.


You only have 10 days from your DUI arrest to request an administrative hearing. If you blow over a .08 or refuse a breathalyzer, by law your license is suspended after your DUI arrest. However, you have the right to an administrative hearing if you respond within 10 days after your arrest. To make sure this is properly taken care of, it is best to contact a Clearwater DUI attorney who has experience handling this type of request.

There are questions to ask yourself and important decisions to be made after your DUI arrest including:

1. Should you plea to the DUI or fight it?

2. Should you hire a private lawyer?

3. Can you qualify for the Office of the Public Defender to represent you?

4. Should you represent yourself?

It is important that you research the answers to these questions and become educated about your options. Many people do not do this. They plea their DUI without understanding the consequences of doing so. While pleading to your DUI may seem like an easy way to get rid of your DUI problem, it can have consequences you are not aware of including:

  • Loss of Driving Privilige and Drivers Licence
  • Probation
  • Victim Impact Panels
  • Community Service
  • Jail Or Prison Time

It’s best that you consult with a DUI attorney to better understand your situation and the options available to you.

Free Clearwater DUI Attorney Consultations

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me for your free consultation by calling (727) 723-1616 or using the form on the right.